|Kent Union Chapel, long-time rural landmark in the community north of Brooklyn at the intersection of V-18 and Kent Church Road in Powesheik County.
A schoolhouse long stood on the spot where the Kent Chapel now stands. Schoolhouses were built before most of the churches, and were often used for church services.
In 1907 the schoolhouses were redistricted and the Kent School house was moved. This left a cemetery with no place for the community to have church services. In 1907 the Ladies Aid group for the church drew up plans for the present Kent Chapel. The dedication for the chapel was held on May 23, 1909.
At present the Kent Chapel is under consideration for rehabilitation by the younger generation.